Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tardis almost done!

My new project is the Tardis!!!

The TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) is a fictional time machine and spacecraft in the British science fiction television programme Doctor Who.
A TARDIS is a product of the advanced technology of the Time Lords, an extraterrestrial civilization to which the programme's central character, the Doctor, belongs. A properly maintained and piloted TARDIS can transport its occupants to any point in time and space. The interior of a TARDIS is much larger than its exterior, which can blend in with its surroundings through the ship's "chameleon circuit". In the series, the Doctor pilots an unreliable, obsolete Type 40 TARDIS, whose chameleon circuit is faulty, leaving it locked in the shape of a 1950s-style London police box after a visit to London in 1963.
(Wikipedia)

The Tardis was on my "want to make"-list for a few years already, but at the moment I'm watching old episodes of Dr who again and that's probably the reason why I started this project now

This photo.....
And some other drawings and pictures were used by me as an example!
The doctor standing in front of the Tardis is the 10th doctor,
played by David Tennant, my favorite doctor!!!

And this is how my Tardis looks
(yes I know, not ready yet, but I so wanted to show you!!!).

I placed a doll next to it so you can see how big/small it is!
(I dressed and wigged her myself!)

I really like how the Tardis turned out!!!
Now only some paint and last details...
and it's really ready 

5 comments:

Mama Muis said...

Nou, die is nu al goed gelukt! Hoe kwam je aan de maten, schat je die aan de hand van de foto?

Catherine said...

That is just fabulous!!!! It is perfectly scaled to the one in the photo. What a fantastic job you have already done on it already. I can't wait to see it finished.

I love the... aging tart in the mini skirt. LOL hahahaha

I want a real one of those!!! ;-)

Margriet said...

Marian, ik heb op internet een tekening gevonden met maten voor een levensgrote versie..die heb ik verkleind en enigzins aangepast zodat het er goed uitzag!

Catherine, you can't see it on the photo, but the old tart is wearing a thong!!! I had so much fun dressing her LOL

Sans! said...

OMG a thong!!!!!!!!! How wondrously naughty. Please let her know I want to grow up to be just like her :):). You have done such a fab job with Ms Tarty with her Tardis, you should show us more of her, dear. Go the whole thong, BARE all! :):)

I was 1/2 right about it being a phone booth. Margriet. I think you really have done a fab job. I am sure it will be an exact mini replica :).

Jollie said...

Je Tardis wordt prachtig, ben benieuwd als je hem straks geverfd hebt hoe hij dan is :)
Die pop... whahahaha!! echt hillarisch, ik vind haar zoooo leuk!!!

Liefs, Jollie