Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Update and euh.... a new project???

My lavendershop is slowing down a bit....
the kids are free from school and I do a lot less when they are around...
too much distraction

But the furniture is white!
And the window is nicely finished.
I placed the counter underneath the window.
In the front I want a low table,
so I might saw the legs off of this one...or I will build a new one!

I've put some bottles in the cupboard, but i'm not sure if they will stay there.
They are quite purple and I think I want more lavenderblue miniatures!
But.....it looks nice for now and I can always replace them!

Lots of room for more lavender articles!

But....euh......I got a wonderful idea this morning!!!
For quite some time now, I've been thinking about a tower!
I want to make a tower with in the attic space for owls to live
 and on 2 floors there will live a wizard
(or sorceress...I still have many naked womendolls lying around,
so a sorceress is maybe a better idea)
who is interested in the stars and planets!
That way I can make many orreries and telescopes etc.
I'm still not bored with magical miniatures,
but my tudor house is almost full!!!

So....a tower!!!
I was making al sort of plans how to build one...
but then I saw this lantern!!!


I bought  probably a year ago
and I still didn't have a clue what to do with it!!!

And this morning I knew it could be a tower!!!
Not quite sure yet if I will replace the glass with wood!
this way you can see everything very good,
but you don't have any walls to place something up or against!
Well.....just have to think about that for some while!
But it is big enough for 2 floors and a little attic for the owls!
Will have to make a opening in the roof, so you can see the owls!
The flying holes are already in it

Euhm....I think I will take my ruler, pencil and saw and retreat to my hobbyroom!
There's always room and time for another project


16 comments:

WolTroll said...

Hoihoi Margriet,
Je toren klinkt geweldig! Doen!
Verplaatsbare schermen als muren? Of binnenluiken?
Ik hoop, dat je het lavendelwinkeltje ook nog afmaakt. Het wordt zo leuk.
Mijn TuinLantaarntje krijgt ook uiltjes in de nok. Misschien met een ulebord. Momenteel hangen er ook al twee zwaluwnestjes (iets te groot uitgevallen, maar komt goed.).
Groetsels

sylvia said...

Wat wordt hij leuk je lavendel project!!
En natuurlijk is er altijd plaats voor een nieuw project, je hebt er ook zooooo weinig ha, ha
Maar komt me wel heel bekend voor hoor, ik heb ook altijd dat de ideeën door mijn hoofd gaan als ik met een project bezig ben. We moeten allebei maar 200 worden, misschien hebben we dan tijd genoeg ( hoewel???)
Liefs Syl

Sans! said...

Margriet, your lavender shop is developing really nicely. The purplish bottles are quite in sync with the whole lavender feel if you ask me. But it's always fun to make new perfume bottles.

I love that lantern! It is so big! I have always wanted to use a lantern for a new project but never found the ideal one. Yours is wonderful!

Margriet said...

WollTroll....mijn lavendelwinkeltje wordt ook zeker wel afgemaakt hoor...maar ik vind het zo heerlijk om met verschillende dingen bezig te zijn :-)
Ik heb gisteren de foto's van je Tuinlantaarntje bekeken...het ziet er zo leuk uit!!! Maar kan ik ook ergens reageren, of kan dat niet op je blog?

Sylvia....200 is denk ik nog niet genoeg hahahaha

Sans...I saw this lantern in the shop and knew I had to have it....I only didn't know where to use it for yet LOL But now I do!!!

Jollie said...

Margrietje, de lavendelshop wirdt echt prachtig!!!!
Ik ben het met Sans eens dat het paars heel goed gaat met de blauwe lavendel kleur, maar dat is toch altijd een persoonlijke smaak kwestie ;)

En waarom geen nieuw project erbij hé? Zo blijven we afwisselen en ik herken dat maar al te goed nu. Ik geloof dat ik samen met jou en Syl ook minstens 200 zal moeten worden :) Ik schrijf veel ideeën op anders zit mijn hoofd zo vol ermee ha ha ha!!

Die lantaarn is super gaaf!!! (ik heb er ook nog eentje staan die kapot is gegaan, maar waar ik weer eens geen afstand van kon doen, dus die wordt ook nog ooit eens gebruikt voor een mini kamertje voor Aivie, hij is niet zo groot als de jouwe in mijn geval ben ik daar blij om ha ha ha)
Ik ben erg benieuwd hoe het gaat worden, je toren!
Je zou ook 1 of 2 ramen dicht kunnen maken en dan verspringend boven en beneden...

Liefs Jollie

Jollie said...

Ik denk dat je wel begrijpt wat ik bedoel met verspringende ramen, niet in dezelfde lengte omhoog maar eentje onder achter en dan rechts en op de etage links en voor of zo, dan moet je hem natuurlijk wel iedere keer draaien om alles te kunnen zien...

Ben benieuwd hoe je het gaat doen :)

Jollie said...

O, ja een ideetje voor het draaien: Ze verkopen (oa. bij IKEA0 van die draai plateau's die je op tafel kunt zetten en dan bv. broodbeleg erop kunt zetten, dan hoef je niet zo moeilijk te reiken op een tafel om iets te pakken, (m'n moeder heeft er zo eentje) ze zijn handig voor zo iets denk ik?

Margriet said...

Bedankt voor het meedenken Jollie :-)
Ik weet welke draaidingen je bedoeld...ik heb op eentje een heksenhuisje staan ;-)
Versrpingend vind ik niet zo mooi denk ik, maar het is een optie..ik denk er nog even over na, maar eigenlijk denk ik dat ik toch drie zijkanten dicht ga maken....is toch echter!!!
Ja, zo'n lantaarn is ook leuk voor Aivie...misschien kan je hem ophangen ergens, dat staat ook leuk!!!

Marfolhuz miniatures said...

Wat een goed idee om die lantaarn voor de toren te gebruiken, scheelt een hoop bouwen, al hoe wel je nu weer een hoop moet aanpassen LOL.
Ik zou zelf ook wel glas vervangen voor hout, zodat je muren hebt, daar kan je toch meer mee, inderdaad. Ben heel benieuwd hoe het gaat worden.

cockerina said...

your store of lavender, looks very nice! I like the contrast in color between green and purple!
the tower for the owls is a great idea! you can cover with wood only two sides of the lantern, so you can get at least two walls, and leave the rest to glass, to see inside?
Enjoy!

PS: you can put the translator in your blog, please? thanks!! Caterina

WolTroll said...

Sorry, commentaar stond uit. Maar kan NU gegeven worden :D...

Gonda said...

Het winkeltje wordt prachtig en alweer een nieuw project, erg mooie lantaarn.

BiWuBär said...

Your shop develops in a very lovely way, I think these bottles fit in quite well. A little colour variation would be quite a support for the leading colour. And I really envy you for this gorgeous lantern, no surprise you had to buy it. Can't wait to see your magical tower and the owls flying... ;O)

Greetings
Birgit

Anonymous said...

mooi behangetje in de shop ook! prachtig die lantaarn, heel mooi uitgangspunt voor de toren, ben hééél benieuwd!

Wendie-kins said...

I only just found your blog and have scrolled back to read more as I was fascinated by your latest project, I LOL'd at the fact we are both embarking on similar projects! only mines a glass terrarium that I want to turn into an orrery of some kind. we even seem to have had the light spark up on the same day... great minds think alike! I look forward to seeing its progress, and imagine you'll finish yours before me as I am just so s...l...o...w! :o)

Margriet said...

Wendie....when I start, I can't stop, but after a while i really slow done...so you might still finish first LOL So funny you're working on somthing similar!!!