Thursday, January 6, 2011

The kitchen

The next room I want to show you is the kitchen...
well, I call it the kitchen,
but maybe it will become kind of a living room also!
I'm not quite sure yet!
On the chair you can see a beautiful shawl,
crocheted by Kootje, a very sweet friend

This table has to be painted yet!
I think black!
In the basket lie little mushrooms with faces.
They aren't very happy!
I made them myself.

I can't find a good spot for this macramé owl!
You don't see him very good on the white walls.
I'm thinking about stitching it on a dark background!
This owl was made by me too.

The yellow dishes are made by Dolores vd Akker.

A few special miniatures!
The chest has yet to be stained ;-)
I love the little table with arms and hands as feet!!

7 comments:

Mincka said...

a very clean house... LOL
Looks good Margriet

Catherine said...

It looks great Margriet! I love the texture on the walls. Did you use paper clay or something else. Your macramé owl is so cute and so tiny!

Margriet said...

Catherine, I used a glue for tiles to plaster the walls. It's a kind of paste, I applied it with a putty knife. And I made the texture with a sponge. The glue stays white when it dries, I loved working with it!

Jollie said...

Prachtige kamer :) Ik vind de tafel met de handen als voeten ook erg grappig!

Groetjes Jollie

Minnie Kitchen said...

beautiful!! so excited to see your kitchen!

Sans! said...

Sometimes life is unfair. How can you be good at everything? Macrame owl? Wow!

Love your miniature collection on that dresser. Especially the bottle in the middle.

Margriet said...

Sans..I'm not good at everything...I can't knit in miniature ;-)